Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Day Part 2

So me and Sam get there a few minutes late. If I had known how slow everyone there at the probation office fingerprinting place worked I would’ve gotten there by foot and still been on time. It made no sense. The rain had stopped and it was actually bright and sunny over there in Downey.

I walk in and sign in. There are a couple dudes there and the security guy flexing what little power he has by forcing people that have worked there for decades to sign in before he allows them inside. Assholes. I sit there until around 10am when someone finally drags their ass to the front desk to let us do what we came there to do. I head into the back and fill out some more forms.

The lady at the desk was so unhelpful and had the shittiest attitude. You have a job! Be happy! Live it or lie it! After over half an hour I had to head to another room and get fingerprinted. Now, me and this other dude chatted. I actually initiated it. Yay, me. He writes scripts and I gave him some tips. He thanked me and the lady started fingering me. Ew…

I swear she just learned how to do it. And just like I predicted, my long ass fingers made getting decent prints difficult. I was finally done after taking two minutes a finger, got my paper, and left. I went searching for Sam and couldn’t find him. He says he never moved. I don’t believe him. I went to a gas station and tried the pay phone but it just took what little change I own. I wanted to smash it. I turned and saw Sam heading into Carl’s Jr. and caught up to him inside. He asked if I was hungry. Just in case anyone is wondering; if you ask me if I’m hungry the answer is yes. I am out of work and survive off of Ramen and whatever leftovers I get. We ate and talked about comics and county jobs. We laughed at a 400lb security guard. I don’t like fat guards and cops. I always think that since they cant chase you they’re more likely to pop a cap in your ass.

Oh, I left out a part. When I went back inside the place to see if they had a pay phone I could use the guy said they did and for this big, Black, goofy looking chick that was security to let me in. She said:

“You done with ya business inside?”

“Yes.”

“Then I ain’t lettin’ you back in!”

Yeah, because since I just got fingerprinted, gave you my address, social security number, and all my background information, now is the time for me to wild out and strike at the government. Bitch. Just let me use the goddamn phone!

We eat and head back this way. We get to Meltdown, a comic shop on Sunset and look at random stuff and complain about how comics just aren’t all that great anymore. He invited me to a convention next month. I agreed and it should be fun. We came back to my place and I gave him my stories that we hope to publish in the coming months. I also told him that the two of us should draw three pictures each to take to the convention. He agreed. This should be cool.

Now, I am home and resting my poor legs. It wasn’t so bad overall. I got to see my sister and hang with a friend. I chatted with my mother for a bit and it actually wasn’t horrible. Maybe things will look up now. I got food in my belly, a roof over my head, and people that still love me. Now if only I hadn’t stepped in a huge puddle minutes after bragging to Camille that my shoes were water proof…

Rockets.

No comments: