Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Left Foot

A 38-year-old human firefighter faces second-degree theft charges (up to 60 days in jail) for allegedly taking part of a man's leg from a crash scene in 2008.

Do I really need to say more? I saw this story yesterday and just rolled my eyes. A foot can not just turn up missing and you think “Oh, no one will notice…”

Apparently this chick, Cynthia Economou, does cadaver training on the side and needed this foot for it. Meet your firefighter of the year 2007. I’m serious. She really was.

In the end all they could charge her with was grand theft. I think there is way more going on in this woman’s head. What would possess you to take a severed foot from an accident? Some poor son of a bitch gets into an accident and has to have his foot sawed off at the scene. I’m sure he would’ve liked to say goodbye to it.

So what happens next? Does she go to therapy? Does she get a slap on the wrist? “Now don’t you go stealin’ feet again…” I’m sure there are plenty of places that you can legally go and get body parts. But to just grab one from a scene of an accident is a new level of dementia. I think I’m losing my mind on account of the levels of stupidity running rampant. Rockets.

No comments: