Tuesday, March 17, 2015

25 Shots Of Vodka In A Minute

How much do you like to drink? Probably not as much as Humberto Moura Fonseca. The 23 year old died after drinking 25 shots of vodka. You did not read that wrong. I actually checked to see how much liquid that was and it is five ounces more than a Big Gulp or a little bit more than three cans of soda when totaled. While partying at a university in Bauru, South-Western Brazil someone thought it would be a good idea to see how many shots they could drink in a minute. One of his friends said “I knew I'd already had too much and there was no way I was going to be able to drink five, let alone 25. But Humberto and the others were really up for it.”

He as well as six other students ended up collapsing after drinking and were taken to the hospital where three of them are in intensive care. Police want to charge the organizers with homicide. “Two fourth year students at the university have been arrested for organizing the event without a license and for potentially causing the death of the student.” The university says that drinking alcohol at the university is banned. Granted, I have done some dumb stuff when it comes to booze and surely have caused alcohol poisoning and shaved some years off my life in the past. I have drank 8 shots in an hour. But never would I try for 25 in a minute under any circumstance. Why? Because I like this breathing thing.  

No comments: