Thursday, March 19, 2015

Old Lady Likes Dr. Pepper

An old lady in Fort Worth, Texas is old. A little bit ago I wrote about a woman that was 114 and ate enough eggs to cause most of us to have a heart attack. This 104 year old woman named Elizabeth Sullivan has been drinking three Dr. Peppers a day for the last 40 years. Yeah. Let that soak in for a second those of you that shit on people for putting in their bodies what they want. “People try to give me coffee for breakfast. Well, I'd rather have a Dr. Pepper. I started drinking them about 40 years ago. Three a day. Every doctor that sees me says they'll kill you, but they die and I don't. So there must be a mistake somewhere.” 

Could you imagine being a doctor that sits there telling her how unhealthy it is that she drinks that much soda a day and then getting sick and dying before she does? For her recent birthday she got a Dr. pepper shaped cake. “When you live to be 104 and still can talk to nice people, you deserve some Dr. Pepper, but I never expected this.” She also got a gift basket from the CEO of Dr. Pepper. “Man I'm feeling good. I'm glad I'm still here. I'm glad I'm not in a rest home. Glad I can read books and watch TV and have people come by and say hello.” And of course she was asked for her secret to living so long. “You just keep living.” There. Now leave people alone, stop asking that damned question, and let people eat and drink what they want.  

No comments: