Monday, May 26, 2014

"Pros & Cons"

I'm such a lousy shot. When all is said and done that's what it all boiled down to. The showdown at sundown. Mano y mano. In the fourteen years I've done this not once did I ever have to use my gun.

“Man, we'll make so much money from this we'll never have to do it again” Marsh, my partner, said. The red flag went up. But Marsh is my boy so I went along with it. But as soon as shit hit the fan Marsh was gone. No, wait. S soon as the pre-shit presented itself he took off. And there was no fantastic Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid shootout. Just a 78 year old rent-a-cop with an itchy trigger finger. Too bad he scratched his itch on me and not Marsh.

Too late to worry about that now. Too late for everything. I hear Marsh got away. Good for him.

Note: I found this story under my kitchen sink. I have hundreds of stories I wrote by hand on paper that I've never typed up and chances are they will stay in the box. I have boxes of stories, scripts, and drawings that aren't online.

Click here for other short stories.  

No comments: