Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Virginity Auction Called Off

This 27 year old chick named Hanna Kern that used the alias of Elizabeth Raine that was selling her virginity online in an auction has called it off. The reasons why vary but it is being said by some that she didn't get offered as much as she believed that she would. Kern is going for her Ph.D/M.D at the University of Washington and to get some money put her virginity up for sale. “Having given it a sincere try, I now completely understand why they never do work out. It is this very messy mix of auction and publicity that is near impossible to balance” she said on her blog called Musings Of A Virgin Whore she stated “I have decided to put a stop to this kerfuffle (to describe it nicely) and return my focus to my medical training. I still do possess some spitefully strong beliefs about virginity, prostitution, and a woman's right to do as she damned pleases, but school is my first priority (as it has been for my entire life). At this point, I no longer care about the auction, at all. This was a very easy decision.”

She hoped to get at least $400,000 (ha!) and after someone who would not go through the background process bid $801,000 she shut it all down. For a while after starting this she had hid her face which to me is never a good sign. “I actually didn't like the anonymity. People mistake it for shame. Plus, there has been some speculation that I'd be outed and I wanted to do it on my own terms” Kern stated in an interview. Unique Media PR who handled getting the news of this auction out there will be trying to get the money they wasted back. This isn't the first time an auction like this has taken place. I know that virginity is supposed to be precious and sacred. People get kidnapped and sold for it. For some reason a grown ass woman selling it in an auction seems worse to me than if she just stood in a restaurant and said “Whoever pays for me to finish up college gets to fuck me! It's totally for science!” But that doesn't get press and people would call her names.  

No comments: