Monday, May 26, 2014

What People Care About This Week: Elliot Rodgers


Back when I was younger me and my friend agreed that if we didn't get laid by the time we were 16 that we would kill ourselves. I mean, if we couldn't get laid then why the hell would we want to continue living? As you can tell I didn't kill myself even though I didn't lose my virginity until I was 17. Sex was that important. But now as a grown ass man I realize how stupid it is to put that much emphasis on sex. There is a line from the book Carrie that I've always remembered but can't recall who said it. I think it was the meanest chick. She was talking about boning her boyfriend and said it “seemed like a lot of rubbing or a little heat.” Someone should've explained this to Elliot Rodgers.

Or maybe not.

Maybe it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Some people are just fucked up and no matter what you say they're gonna go on and just ruin other people's lives because they aren't happy. Elliot was upset that at the age of 22 he was still a virgin. He made videos and wrote about the revenge that he was going to take against every woman that ever did him wrong. Nay! The world! Fucking maroon. He even wrote a 140 page story detailing his plan. This is gonna be long so feel free to grab a cup of tea and sit back as I attempt to figure out a lunatic.

Before he went and killed six people, stabbing three and shooting three others, he sent an email out. By the way this guy was a walking red flag. He put out every sign that he was gonna fuck people up if not himself.


“The first people I would have to kill are my two housemates, to secure the entire apartment for myself as my personal torture and killing chamber. After that, I will start luring people into my apartment, knock them out with a hammer, and slit their throats. I will torture some of the good looking people before I kill them, assuming that the good looking ones had the best sex lives.”

Okay...no. This is stupid. If this guy really had the ability to be luring people to his place to hang out I doubt he would be so angry at not getting laid. Also, hitting people in the head with hammers? This dude lives in a cartoon. There's a skit on MADtv where that worked this way but I don't think it would work in real life. And what the fuck did your housemates do to deserve death? Not get you laid? Sure. Got it. Moving on.

“The Second Phase will take place on the Day of Retribution itself, just before the climactic massacre...My War on Women. I will attack the very girls who represent everything I hate in the female gender: The hottest sorority of UCSB.”

He actually went to the sorority that was the most popular, Alpha Phi, but no one answered. Instead he went across the street and attacked Katie Cooper and Veronika Weiss of Delta Delta Delta.

He had a last step of “Final Phase” as he called it. He never got to accomplish this.

“On the morning before, I will drive down to my father's house to kill my little brother, denying him of the chance to grow up to surpass me, along with my stepmother Soumaya, as she will be in the way. I will then make my way to Del Playa, splattering as many of my enemies as I can with the SUV, and shooting anyone I don't splatter. I can only imagine how sweet it will be to ram the SUV into all of those groups of popular young people who I’ve always witnessed walking right in the middle of the road as if they are better than everyone else. When they are writhing in pain, their bodies broken and dying after I splatter them, they will fully realize their crimes.”

Yeah, because that is how people think. “As I lay here dying after being run over by some random asshole I've never met I will begin to feel terrible about all of the sex that I've had!” This kids brain thought that life was like Grand Theft Auto. And killing your brother so he doesn't “surpass” you? He thinks his life is some tragic tale. Its not. Its normal.

“Once I hit puberty, I would...always hunger for it, I would always covet it, I would always fantasize about it. But I would never get it. Not getting any sex is what will shape the very foundation of my miserable youth. This was a very dark day.”

If this guy had felt this way but killed himself and no one else this would be covered very differently. This is the story of a sad ass kid who could not control his anger and took it out on the world. In the end he stabbed three people to death at his home, shot three others, and then killed himself or was shot by officers. His victims were three men and three women. His father, Peter Rodger who is an assistant director on The Hunger Games issued a statement through a lawyer. 

“The Rodger family offers their deepest compassion and sympathy to the families involved in this terrible tragedy. We are experiencing the most inconceivable pain, and our hearts go out to everybody involved.”

This is the part where everyone throws their cause into the ring.

You have the people who have their gun agendas on each side. Some are for them. Some are against them. In case you're wondering what my views are towards guns I personally am not a fan of them. I like fake guns from movies that shoot lasers and can be combined with other guns to make super guns. I think that anyone that owns an assault rifle should have to let everyone in the neighborhood know the same way a pedo has to when they move in. I don't even want to go into the home of someone that owns a damned assault rifle. What are you afraid of that you need a monster killer?! Richard Martinez whose son Christopher Martinez, 20, was killed in the shooting blames politicians. “When will this insanity stop? Too many have died. We should say to ourselves 'not one more.'”

Strange how no one is jumping on the anti-knife bandwagon. Three people were stabbed and three were shot. Guess its not sensational enough.

Then there is the #YesAllWomen which stems from Rodgers anger towards women for not wanting him. He wrote: “You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls aren't attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it. It's an injustice...I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman.”

This guy sounds a lot like me in high school minus the whole punishment angle. I was more like “I don't know why you all don't like me so I'm gonna stay in my room and play video games. One day you'll all be fat.” While it is true that a lot of women are attracted to assholes and are more loyal to guys who treat them shitty its not up to us as guys to rage against them for wanting them and not you. That's just how shit goes. Maybe its not what they didn't see in him, but what they did. A goddamned time bomb.

And while I am all for a movement against the shitty treatment of women, please don't forget that three other humans beings that had penises also were killed.

This Rodgers doesn't talk about girls falling in love with him. He's just talking about fucking. Plain and simple. He killed six people because no one wanted to fuck him. There are ways to get fucked. “Hey, my dad worked on The Hunger Games” is one. Kid obviously had money. Go to Vegas and get a prostitute. Shit's legal there. How about not being such a hater? This is all stuff that should've been said to him. Its not hard to get laid. But love? Yeah...

Even his own family knew that something was wrong with him. Weeks ago they saw the videos that he was posting and contacted police. The interviewed him and found him to be “perfectly polite, kind and wonderful human.” They didn't find any history of guns which he purchased legally along with the hundreds of rounds of ammunition he had.

Question!

If I had someone in my immediate family that I felt was a threat so strongly that I called the police on them wouldn't a few more steps need to be taken? How about a heads up to his roommates? Was the school called? There are kids that get suspended for pointing two fingers at teachers simulating a gun let alone posting videos saying no one wants to bang them and people need to pay for it. After the police decided that Elliot was a cool guy I would've gone even further. Did the cops see the video that made the parents worry? Did other students at the school? If the cops don't take the parents seriously then maybe a few more people reporting it would've helped. I don't know.

Elliot Rodgers as a child

Reading about his life he didn't seem to have it all that bad. I'm not talking about from family or news reports discussing his life. I am talking about from what he himself wrote. He grew up in London got to travel the world, had a family that supported him, and wanted the best for him. But like I've said before, some people are just broken toys and no matter what you do nothing can fix them.  

You can read his entire manifesto online where he says things like “How could an inferior ugly black boy be able to get a white girlfriend and not me. I am beautiful half white myself” and how his mother upset him by asking him to get a job and even going so far as to get him a life coach. Maybe a few weeks from now they will find out he was on medication and had a mental disorder. Then we;ll be able to add that into the mix. So far it isn't looking too good for this corpse. Evidence shows that he's a misogynist, gun nut with a racial superiority complex.

No comments: