Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Guy Wakes From 12 Year Coma

I just read this story about this South African dude named Martin Pistorius that was in a coma for 12 years that started in the late 80's. They aren't 100% sire what caused him to go into a coma but they have their suspicions. He slowly started to lose the ability to move and speak and eventually was just...there. Doctors said that Martin would die because, fuck hope.

His family didn't quit on him though and had a routine of waking every few hours to move him, feeding him, and putting him in front of the TV. This went on until he woke up. He is shilling a book so I am not sure how he woke up but he did. 

The most honked up part about all of this is that he was aware of everything about two years into his coma. Even when his mother told him “I hope you die.” Good times. “Everyone was so used to me not being there that they didn't notice when I began to be present again.”

I have mentioned to people that if I were in a coma to give me two years just so I could grow my hair out. I wouldn't want anyone to shave me. But if I heard someone say that they hoped I'd die then when I came out of my coma I would give them a two hour head start to run because I can not trust that person. Comas are crazy as hell. I would hate to be aware of everything that was going on around me. Sure as hell wouldn't want to feel anything happening to me. Having someone shove a catheter up my junk? No, thank you! Just try and change my sheets daily. I used to work in a hospital. They have hundreds of sheets. I just realized he has the same last name as Poor Little Tink Tink

No comments: