Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Johnny Panic: The New Hotness Part 2



Its dangerous for someone with my powers to be angry or caught off guard. A cat surprised me once and got to see what a cloud felt like blowing through its whiskers. Finding out that I was not voted the sexiest man alive after winning that honor for the past eight years didn't make me launch anyone into space. But I did burn my couch.

“Johnny!” Aimee screamed as Zazz jumped from the couch. My hot hands had scorched the cushion so I snatched it up and flew it to the front of the house. A moment later Ronica came outside with Milly. I couldn't even look at her. I was mad. I don't get mad a lot. I get bugged by stuff a lot but not mad. Right now I was mad. I was punching a zebra mad.

“You're my publicist” I said to her.

“I'm your lady, too” she said. I scoffed and was about to fly off but she grabbed my shirt. “I didn't want to upset you, okay? I know how much being the sexiest man alive means to you.”

“You're my publicist” I repeat and look at her.

“Do you even know what a publicist does?” she asks me. I just stare at her. Milly reaches for me. Ronica pulls her back. “As your publicist it is my job to manage and generate publicity for you. And I do that. I do that through your website as well as set up every interview that you do. If you don't believe that I can show you the records of these calls.”

“Okay.”

“And as your woman I sexually satisfy you better than any woman did.”

“I know.”

“And as the mother of our baby I am raising her to be a good person.”

“I get it.”

“I don't think you do” she tells me. “I knew how hurt you'd be not getting that award.”

“I'm not hurt” I tell her. At least I don't think I am.

“You are” she says. “It just means that you're a human.”

“A super human...”

“Yes” she says and pokes me in the chest. “A super human.”

“And...”

“The sexiest man alive.”

“Thank you” I say and feel better. “I'm still gonna mess that guys face up.”

“Walter...”

“I know I shouldn't but I wanna” I say. Milly laughs. “Wouldn't that be funny, Millyface? Yes, it would! Just beat him up and throws his pants into space!” Milly makes bubbles and reaches for me. This time I pick her up. She starts chewing on my hair.

“Leave that guy alone” Ronica says. “He's a flash in the pan.”

“I think Milly wants me to throw his pants into space” I whisper. Milly giggles. “What's that, Milly? Not space? The Atlantic Ocean? And Ireland? Milly, that's diabolical!”

“Ireland?” Ronica asks.

“You remember how much fun we had there” I remind her. “Everyone talked like a movie character.”

“They had accents.”

Or...they were actors” I say. “I bet they'd like a new pair of wet pants. Ew. Speaking of which...” I say and hand Milly over to Ronica. “This verifies that it was her that peed on that toilet seat and not me. She has an addiction. She has a need. A need for pee.”

“I'll have a talk with our daughter about this later” Ronica says. I know she is just humoring me. She won't address this very serious topic. “That couch burned really fast, didn't it?”

“Yeah” I agree. “Scary fast. I think it was filled with matches.”

“You're still gonna go talk to that guy, aren't you?”

“You know it” I say. Did she think that I would not?

“Of course I knew you would.”

“Witch!” I shout. “Get out of my head!”

“Just be nice to him” Ronica tells me. “He's probably a fan of yours.”

“I doubt it” I say. “Guys like him are usually arrogant asshats. Thinking that they're the new hotness when they aren't. I am. I am the old and new hotness. Anthony Bingham. What kinda name is that anyway? More like Anthony...Bing...hole.”

“Did you mean Anthony 'Bunghole'?”

“That's even better!”

Click here for previous Johnny Panic.

No comments: