Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Only In Florida 11


This teacher in Florida was suspended without pay before eventually being shitcanned for allegedly ordering some students to kick another students' ass. When I first heard about this I was kinda skeptical. “No one can be that stupid” I thought but then the voice in my head that sounds like Charlie Brown said “Florida” and I nodded to myself in understanding. Dru Dehart got into a disagreement with a student and went all Godfather on his ass.

Allow it.

Radravious Williams...goddamn it. Really with this name? Anyhoot, the kid was surrounded by a pack of older kids and they went berserk on his ass. Dehart just walked away as the kid became a new sidewalk. After half an hour of deliberating about it the jury chose to have her fired and not, like, droptoe hold onto a steel chair. A representative for the school district said the teacher “made a very poor decision that day” in using “students to carry out discipline.” You think?!


Radravious' mother Latasha Darrisaw (different last name, I'm just sayin'...) says that her son has changed since the attack. “It's been rough, it's been real rough and we as a family have been dealing with it. As a person and as a parent you would like some kind of apology. But I guess we'll get that whenever she’s ready.” She is also pissed that the teacher never apologized and they plan on filing a civil suit.

I doubt she is gonna get an apology from this woman. Any human that can allow a group to just attack someone has a thing broken inside of their head. If this happened to my kid you wouldn't see us sitting on the news doing interviews crying while my kid sits there looking like he's counting flies. Especially not in Florida where fucking up Black boys is a sport. If I was the kid first I would change my name. Then I would be surprised that I was left alive. Why this teacher isn't in jail I don't know. “Because Florida...” the voice just told me.

Click here for previous Only In Florida Posts.  

No comments: