Thursday, February 20, 2014

Cool Shit Black People Invented: Phil Brooks


Who wants needles?! Well, thanks to Phil Brooks we no longer have to all share syringes. There is no picture that I could find of him because racism. In 1974 he got the patent for disposable syringes because I am assuming that before then people just used a needle, ran it under water, and just jabbed it into someone else which is just gross. Can you imagine how before Brooks made this people were just using the same damned needles? No wonder we got all these crazy ass diseases. Its our parents faults!


I really wish I could find more information about this guy but there's nothing. How can someone invent something just a few years before I was born but not have any photos available? I don't get shots done but I know a few people that work with needles and they should thank this man. Otherwise you would be giving shots to people or injecting folks and just rinsing it off in the sink and using them all over again. I'm sorry, I can't get over how nasty that is. Thanks, Mr. Brooks!

Click here for previous Cool Shit Black People Invented.

No comments: